What should you use the Person content type for?
The Person content type is a way to create profiles of individuals. The majority of the fields included in the page are optional, so you can leverage them to include what you want to display and leave out the rest. With the options available to you in SiteFarm, you can use the profiles for:
- Directories of people in a department, which you can also refine into defined groups using tags
- Spotlights of individuals mentioned or listed in Article or Event content types
- Bio pages for authors contributing article content to your site
Demo of a Person Page
Demo of a Person Directory (automatically provided as a View in SiteFarm)
The system will automatically make some connections between content if you associate a person page with content.
Author of article or spotlighted individual
Author page listing articles contributed:
- Name Prefix (honorific title such as Mr Mrs Dr)
- First name
- Last name
- Credentials - B.S., M.S., Ph.D., etc.
- Portrait image
- Alternative text - used by screen readers, search engines, and as a placeholder for broken images
- Position title
- Phone number
- URL - Include the "http://" prefix for your URL
- Link text - How you would like your URL to be displayed. Examples: http://ucdavis.edu or UC Davis Home Site
- Office hours
- Office location - This is a single field to enter information pertaining to a building/office directly on-campus
- Address - This is a multi-field option for listing locations with a full mailing address
- Street address
- Zip code
- Bio (Edit Summary) - This is a "blurb" space for a brief text addition that is specifically for use in the Directory listing. This information will only show in the main Directory page and not on the individual's profile page.
- Bio (wysiwyg interface) - The full editable bio, resume, or CV
- Documents - optional attachments