When you receive your new SiteFarm site instance you will discover that there are already several links populating your main navigation bar. You may look at these and think, "But I don't need a blog. And I don't think we'll be using Galleries any time soon."
That's perfectly fine and you are welcome to enable or disable any of these items any time you need to do so.
Why are these default links included in my site?
These default links represent pre-created Views that, when the corresponding link's page is opened, will show an organized compilation of the content types you've created that match that View type's criteria for inclusion.
For example, if you decide to use the Article content type to post news of interest to your department's audience, those Articles will be gathered and displayed on the main News page for you without you having to do any additional work. Why? Because the News link points to a View called Articles Latest News, specifically designed to list the most recent Articles created. The same is true of the other link views, like Blog or Galleries.
List of available links with pre-created views
Enabling or disabling the default menu links
You can toggle the above listed links on and off at will using these steps:
- From the admin panel, click on Structure.
- In the Structure page, click on Menus.
- From the table of menus, locate the Main Navigation listing and click on its corresponding Edit menu button.
- Locate the default menu option(s) you want to change and either check or uncheck its box in the Enabled column.
- When finished click the Save button to finish.