Use site collections to organize versions of a site, and easily promote a new version of your site to your live domain. Choose the internal URL to use when mapping your live domains to this site collection.
To create a new site collection:
- In the Site Factory Management Console, select the site group that you want to contain the new site collection.
- Click the arrow to the right of Create a new site to open its menu.
- Click New site collection.
- In the Site collection name field, enter a descriptive name for the site collection to display in the dashboard. Example: SiteFarm Collection. In the Internal URL field, enter the Acquia Cloud Site Factory site collection name to use with its URL (Example: sitefarmprod). The Acquia Cloud Site Factory base URL is added to this name.
- Click Continue.
- In the Site name field, enter the site name for one of your already existing Site Factory websites. Acquia Cloud Site Factory displays websites that match your entry as you type. As you add websites to the site collection, the page displays additional site name fields to allow you to add multiple websites.
- If you want to add additional websites to the site collection as secondary websites, enter them in the additional site name fields.
- Click Finish.