Duplication of a site can happen at any time and be done for different reasons:
- Use the initial site instance to start building your site immediately, relying on the Create a new site button if you ever need to add more, or
- Customize the initial site instance to include branding material, contact information, images, and content you would want to see included in all of your sites. This creates a site model you can then duplicate to create an accelerated starting point where repetitious work has already been completed.
- Looking down the road, perhaps you build a full site and discover there are elements of work and layout you achieved that you would like to re-use in a new site, or
- You can duplicate the entire site, content and all, or copy a full site and its configuration, but mostly start fresh with limited content.
Whatever point in development at which you want to create the clone of a site, the steps will be the same.
Site Factory Group Members: To ensure your duplicated site generates inside of your assigned Site Factory group, you must navigate to your group before you begin this process, otherwise the site will be created in the general area of the site and its features and functions will be unavailable to you.
Create a duplicate of your site
Locate the drop-down submenu on the site you want to duplicate.
- Click on the submenu button to display the menu and select the Duplicate site option.
- Site Factory will ask you to provide information for the clone you're creating, starting with a site name, followed by the type of duplication you want.
Create a clean copy: Creates a template site with limited content. Only copies site owner and administrator accounts and their content from <insert your source site name here> to the new site. If you want other users to be members of the new site, invite them after the site has been duplicated
Full site clone: Copies all user accounts, configuration settings, and content on <insert your source site name here> to the new site.
- Click the Duplicate site button to complete the process.