The Teaser Link box icon in your WYSIWYG will allow you to embed a container within the body of your content that can include an image, title, and a brief amount of text.
Create a Teaser Link box
- Insert your mouse in your content where you want your Teaser link to appear.
- In your WYSIWYG icon bar, click on the Teaser Link box icon:
- A Teaser Links Options dialog box will appear requesting a URL. This can be an internal or external URL. If external, be sure to add the appropriate http:// before the web address. If it's an internal link, type or paste it in, starting with the / sign. Click OK to continue.
- You'll be returned to your WYSIWYG where a box will have been inserted into your text that you can now edit:
- Adding the image. The image is optional. If you do include the image, it needs to be pre-prepared for this space, sized exactly as 135px by 135px.
- Double-click on the grey image box with the dimension.
- In the Edit Image dialog box:
- select your image
- add alternative text
- assign its alignment on the page
- click the checkbox to include a caption field. Note: you will add the caption back on the page, not directly in the Edit Image box
- Click Save to continue.
- Title. Enter a title or phrase for your Teaser Link.
- Content. Enter a brief content section to a maximum of 200 words or 1400 characters. Exceeding this amount will cause your entire page to break.
- Caption. The field will appear directly beneath your image, if included, styled italicized light gray text. Click in this field and begin typing.
Example of a completed Teaser Link box
This is an example of a finalized Teaser Link advertising the Davis Farmers Market. A link is embedded and a hover effect underlines the text and triggers a background color change to indicate a clickable area.