If there's a feature or function missing that you think the entire user community could benefit from having included, please review the list below to see if someone else has already suggested it, and if not, we invite you to drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your idea.
Last updated: February 20, 2018
Suggested by the community:
- Increase the size of the Tag field to more easily see the full list of terms added for ease of use
- CSV file uploads for content types other than Person content types
- In Article content Views, have the Category appear below the teaser instead of above it as it leads some people to think the link is part of the article link instead of its own page for the category.
- For large organizations that have a main site, a way to incorporate a main site logo that sub-sites can use to offer visitors a way back to the main site. Example: subsite1.mainsite.ucdavis.edu would have a link/logo pointing back to mainsite.ucdavis.edu.
- Self-generating user accounts on an intranet site using CAS and LDAP as they log in so hundreds to thousands of accounts don't have to be created in advance and are restricted to people affiliated with the entire organization
- A search function that can search multiple department sites that are related (All of Vet Med, or Student Affairs, for example)
- Have the primary image thumbnail size be a little bigger so it's easier to see the details when using the focal point crosshairs
- A way to embed feeds from social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- A 'print-friendly' option to allow visitors to download certain pages, like org charts.
- A way to schedule when content will be published in an automated fashion.
- The addition of the "Views Taxonomy Term Name Depth" module. Per the requestor: "Drupal 8 removed the "Term Name converted to Term ID" validator in Views Contextual Filters. Adding this module would allow that functionality to create better SEO formatted URLs for views using contextual filters." If added, this would be available to users with the Site Builder role.
- A way to include basic CSS for simple styles
- A block that will add the round links like what you see on the UC Davis home page under the hero banner
- The ability to apply a taxonomy term to an uploaded file
- If included, have the title of a submenu block be clickable so it takes a visitor back to the main page of the section
- Allow primary images to be added to the /news and /blog view pages for increased visitor appeal
- Allow the title of a submenu to link back to that parent page or the homepage
- A way for managers to create a role that can edit content but not publish
- A block that lists specific files
- A block that can play a video like the UC Davis home page
- Embed Google maps in a page to help visitors find a related location
- Add a way on the All Content screen to filter content based on vocabulary terms
- A block that will let you embed content from social media platforms into a page
Approved for Development:
- Special characters for math/science symbols (research)
- Clone blocks and pages
- Include manual reference fields for all content types, like the one for a Person reference or a Photo Gallery to create direct links to very specific content
- Articles - commenting and moderation tools on news/blog content types, with the ability to enable commenting on a per article basis
- Social media block - update the Instagram icon to match the one currently in use by the service
- A method to share published content with social media platforms
- Sprint #41 - A new version of the Hero banner block that has a height similar to the primary image on the Basic Page with an option for an embedded link
- Sprint #41 - Make pagination on People category pages consistent with how they look on the main People page
- Sprint #40 - Include additional unit fields for person pages to allow faculty members to fully list their work affiliations
- Sprint #39 - Have the Recent Articles block display from 1-10, 20, 40 articles
- Sprint #38 - Allow users to upload PowerPoint file types .ppt and .pptx.
- Sprint #24 - Directory - request to hide the "View more info" button has been morphed into restyling the button so it is less obtrusive
- Sprint #23 - Custom validation options in the Webform (documentation)
- Sprint #23 - Quick links - a way to have three highlighted links and one or two columns of links underneath like the one shown on the UC Davis home site
- Sprint #23 - better pagination for the people directory
- Sprint #22 - UC Davis logo - include an option to have it in the upper right corner
- Sprint #21 - Photo gallery-based image slider
- Sprint #20 - At-a-glance events block, especially for the homepage
- Sprint #19 - Change 'By <insert name' in the Article to 'Posted by <insert name>' to avoid improper attribution when reposting content by someone else with permission
- Sprint #19 - Can users skip including an author name?
- Sprint #18 - CAS-ified sections of a site
- Sprint #17 - Include an option for tables
- Sprint #17 - Teaser blurb on Person content type that will show up in the directory listings
- Sprint #15 - A way to align custom blocks in a row on a page, especially the homepage
Will not be included at this time:
- Provide an "All" view option for directory listings
- Hero banner block - ability to set the text alignment vertically (top, middle, bottom)
- Person page - add a way to assign more than one Person type
- Focus box - a link will not be added to the title
- Basic block - a teaser field will not be included