What is Facebook Pixel?
A Facebook pixel is an analytics tool that consists of a code that you can put on your website. The pixel fires to track site visitors. This data allows you to retarget those users with Facebook ads in the future, as well as see what they're doing on your site when they return.
Facebook and Security
In order to integrate Facebook tracking in a safe, responsible manner, you can use Google Tag Manager (a third-party application platform) to set-up, configure, and track analytics.
These instructions presume you already have your Facebook accounts and Pixel setting configurations complete.
Create a Google Tag account
- Visit the Google Tag Manager site and begin creating a new account if your department doesn't have one already.
- an Account name
- a Container name
- Select the Target Platform: Web option
- Click the Create button to continue.
- Agree to the conditions to complete the process.
Include Facebook Pixel in your Google Tag Account
Facebook's developer solutions has created a write-up for implementing this feature in Google Tag titled Learn how to add Facebook pixel with Google Tag Manager.
Connect Google Tag Manager to your SiteFarm site
If you have the Site Builder role you can enable the Google Tag Manager module yourself by navigating to Manage » Extend and searching the list for 'google tag manager'. If you don't have this role, please submit the Service Request Form and ask the SiteFarm team to do it for you.
Configure your Google Tag Manager
- Navigate to Manage » Configuration » Systems » Google Tag Manager.
- Click the + Add Container button.
- Provide a label name for the new container.
- Provide the Container ID based on the ID generated when you created your Google Tag container for your third-party service.
- Click the Save button to finish.