Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) is an awareness day focusing on digital access and inclusion for over one billion people with disabilities and impairments. It is observed annually on the third Thursday of May. Upcoming GAAD events will be celebrated on May 19, 2022. Register for the UCOP webinar Accessibility Demystified on May 19 from 10 - 11:30 a.m.
From the UCOP page:
We all want to contribute to making UC more inclusive, especially for our colleagues, constituents and community members who have disabilities, but we’re not always sure how. Accessibility can seem so technical, complex. and confusing. Thankfully, the UC Electronic Accessibility Committee (EAC) is here to help!
Be sure to register for the EAC’s May 19 webinar in celebration of Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD). The goal of the event is to demystify accessibility and share ideas about how individuals, locations, and UC as a whole can expand access to all.
This fast-paced webinar will feature 10-15 minute sessions, including
- Intro to barriers faced by individuals with disabilities
- Empathy session featuring a UC staff member with a temporary disability
- Demo of how people navigate the digital environment using a keyboard only
- Tutorial on how to make content using Rich Text Editors accessible
- Game show about research and data that can help guide accessibility
- What: Accessibility Demystified webinar
- Date: May 19, 2022
- Time: 10:00 – 11:30 am
- Where: Zoom – Register now!
The webinar will be live captioned, provide ASL interpretation, and recorded. Please submit any accommodations requests to Yvonne Tevis.