Is your unit eligible to join SiteFarm?
Please review the following criteria to determine if SiteFarm is the appropriate fit for your unit's needs:
- SiteFarm is available to:
- UC Davis administrative units, colleges, schools and academic departments whose Web content is owned by the Regents of the University of California.
- Organized Research Units (ORU) and other campus-wide research units and facilities, as identified by the Office of Research, are included.
- Faculty labs may use SiteFarm provided the sites adhere to all applicable campus policies and guidelines, including branding and domain name requirements.
- Websites for recognized campus organizations (PPM 270-05 - PDF) may use SiteFarm provided the sites adhere to all applicable campus policies and guidelines.
- Websites for student sites may not be maintained in SiteFarm unless affiliated and sponsored by an administrative or academic department.
- Personal websites (PPM 310-70 - PDF) may not be maintained in SiteFarm.
- Sites whose content contain personal content not related to UC Davis business or personal intellectual property may not be maintained in SiteFarm.
- Is your department part of UC Davis Health? By default, your organization is obligated to use the content management system designed for your specific needs. If you would like to use SiteFarm, you must apply for a waiver by contacting the Health Services Web Communications Team at:
- Exceptions to these client guidelines can be addressed to the SiteFarm team for consideration.
- Individuals submitting a site request should be a UC Davis faculty or staff member.
If your site doesn't meet these criteria, don't despair! The campus provides other Web resources to assist faculty, student clubs and others to successfully maintain their Web content. We have listed these in our Other Web Resources page.