If you have multiple departments in your unit, or individuals who provide specialized support, you may want to consider setting up your contact or webforms in such a way that, depending upon which options are selected or completed, the email handlers responsible for sending out the emails will send it to a very specific email account. This means you could have a single form submission trigger multiple emails with one press of the Submit button. It results in a smoother, simpler experience for your visitor and more accurately targeted email delivery to appropriate people or email accounts in your office.
Set-up Multiple Emails based on Conditional Selections
- Create your webform as you normally would.
- In the webform tabs, click on Settings.
- Click on Emails/Handlers.
- Press + Add email.
- Title: make this distinguishable from the others so you can tell it's for a particular recipient that corresponds with your form for easy identification and future maintenance. Complete the other Send To, Send From, Message, and Included Email Values as needed.
- From the Add Email Handler tabs, click on Conditions.
- Set the following:
- State: Enabled
- Element/Selector: You can choose All, Any, or One, and use the - Select - menu below to choose the question field for this email address.
- Trigger/Value: Use the = Select - menu to choose the action taken on this field that will trigger this condition. For example, if I offered a text field or textarea, I might indicate a trigger of "Filled". Or "checked" for a checkbox.
- Click Save to finish this step.
- Your Conditional Email Filtering page will then be updated to look something like this:
- Use your webform's Test function to verify that the email handlers work as intended prior to making it live and publicly available.