By default, SiteFarm uses the quick links menu as seen on the UC Davis home page in the upper right corner. If this works for you, no changes need be made.
To remove Quick Links completely
- In your admin panel, navigate to Appearance » Settings tab » SiteFarm One theme.
- In the Page Element Display section, locate the following text:
Use the Quick Links menu from www.ucdavis.edu
Checking this box will automatically insert all the links from the www.ucdavis.edu website. If you choose to uncheck, but still want a custom Quick Links menu, you will want to customize the available 'Quick Links' menu as described below.
- Uncheck the box.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Save configuration to finish.
To Create your own Quick Links
- Follow the above steps 1 through 4.
- Using your admin panel, navigate to Structure » Menus.
- A Quick Links menu exists in the list, sitting dormant unless you decide to use it. Click its corresponding Edit Menu button.
- Add your links.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save to finish.
- Navigate to Structure » Block layout and verify that the block already exists in the Quick Links region. If it doesn't, click the Place block button.
- Search and locate the quick-links menu block you just created, click Place block.
- The Configure block dialog box will appear:
- Uncheck the display title box
- Click the Save button to finish.
- To style the Quick Links, return to Manage » Appearance » SiteFarm One theme » Settings.
- With the "Use the Quick Links menu from www.ucdavis.edu" turned off, two alternatives available to you are:
- Highlight the first 3 items in the custom Quick Links menu
- Show custom Quick Links menu items in 2 columns
- Check whichever options you would like to use, if any, then click Save configuration to finish.
Rename your Quick Links Title for display on your site
You may decide the title "Quick Links" doesn't quite capture what you're using this block to accomplish. You have the option to change the title information displayed at the top.
- Navigate to Shortcuts » Blocks.
- Locate the Quick Links block in the Quick Links region. Click on its corresponding Configure button.
- Update the Title field from Quick Links to your preferred title.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the Save block button to finish.