Is your site down? Did you get a message telling you that your site is temporarily unavailable or down for maintenance? You might have a caching issue.
- Wait 20 seconds and then refresh your page using Cmd/Ctrl+R or F5. If this doesn't fix the problem, go on to step 2.
- In Site Factory, go to your site dashboard so you can see all your site tiles.
- Go to the tile of the site affected and click on its downward menu arrow, to the right of “Log in”.
- From the submenu, select Clear caches.
- The system will ask you to confirm by clicking on the Clear caches button.
- Wait between two and five minutes and refresh your site. If the problem persists, contact the SiteFarm team for assistance.
Alternately, did you make a change to a View? If so, you may have broken your View. We recommend returning to your View to review your work and see if you need to undo a recent change (this is a manual process) to avoid seeing the error message.
Trumba Configuration Issue?
Have you recently added a Trumba block? We've seen instances where adding the Trumba calendar to a site fails and triggers this message if the block hasn't been configured correctly, specifically if the Trumba block is on the same page as the main calendar block or not. We recommend returning to your block and reviewing your work.