Change log 5.1.0 and 5.2.0, and near future
This past Sunday we released a minor upgrade and series of patches to the Service, with an emergency patch of 5.2.0. The details of those updates, along with a list of items we're hoping to include in a future release, follow.
Updates to the service:
- Feedback from SiteFarm clients indicated a poor user experience with respect to the Category name located between the Title and Teaser in the News/Blogs page. Visitors reported confusion, thinking the Category link would take them to the article the same way the Title link would. To fix this, the Category link has been moved beneath the teaser, its link removed, and the corresponding Category color applied. Visitors will be able to filter to articles based on Category using the corresponding block in the sidebar.
- The Revisions tab save points were not showing a preview of the save point. This has been resolved.
- The social media link block "Follow us" had out of date icons from Font Awesome. These icons have been updated and users should no longer see broken image icons.
- Corrections were made to our subtheme to clean up page breadcrumbs.
- View search filters box selection options were breaking out of the field area when viewed in Firefox. This has been resolved.
SiteFarm 5.2.0 on Tuesday, September 25, 2018
- Cascade Migration script exhibited an error when attempting to import image files. This was identified and an emergency patch release was authorized in order to expedite a fix in light of the upcoming Cascade Server retirement scheduled for October 1, 2018.
- The Event page now displays the tilde (~) symbol on event date/time listings replaced by an '@' symbol for clarity and accuracy.
- JSON API POST calls respond with status 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
Early Forecast for the future
Updates to the service:
- Documentation: How to add a primary image to a page while keeping your View output, including the pros and cons of this approach.
- As an Editor, I want the option to be notified by email when content has been moved to "needs review" so I can go review it.
- As a contributor, I would like a way to embed social media feeds into my site so I can improve engagement and traffic.
- When the navigation bar wraps to a second line, the Title region is not being pushed down so it remains visible.
- Wordpress Migration script fixes.
- Include a CSS overflow-wrap property set to break-word so that long links or paths don't run out of the content area.
- When you hover over the marketing highlight horizontal in Chrome the angled element at the bottom of the photo flickers.
- Fix the issue with Multi-select dropdowns not working correctly.