If your unit maintains a presence in social media as part of your departmental outreach, you can give your visitors a way to interact with and promote your content through the social media links "Follow Me" block.
Location of the Follow Me social media links block
- From the admin panel, click on Shortcuts » Blocks.
- Find the listing for Follow Us (usually located in the Second Sidebar section by default) and click its corresponding Configure button in the Operations column.
- You will be able to configure:
- Title - (required) - you can leave the default "Follow Me" title or change it.
- Display title - (optional) - toggle the checkbox on or off to enable or disable the title display.
- Platform - customize the service options included with your department's unique profiles, emails, and URLs. Some have been pre-populated with default UC Davis content; you're welcome to continue using them, replace them with your own, or remove them completely.
- Orientation - display your list of icons horizontally or vertically on the screen.
- Show name - this will add the name of the service next to its icon.
- Icon set - choose your preferred icon set from the available listing.
- When the block configurations are complete, move on to reviewing your block's visibility.
- When you've finished your visibility settings and you are returned to the Block Layout screen, scroll to the bottom and Save your work to finish.