Not everyone is into the rainbow band on the top of pages. We get that. You're looking for something that says, "We're part of the UC Davis community, but we're still our own unique presence!" To achieve that goal, we understand that having a few other color choices would be a good way to avoid that "cookie-cutter" concern you may be harboring, especially if it helps you avoid the need to develop an in-house sub-theme on your own or pay someone else to do it for you.
Right now we have a single option; site managers can set the multi-color band at the top of the site to a solid navy blue, based on the official digital blue used in UC Davis' Marketing Toolbox color guide.
In future, we are looking to add additional choices, not unlike what you see over at the Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts with its sky blue palette. Future additions to the palette will be announced in our Changelog reports.
How to change your site's color palette theme
- From your admin panel, navigate to Manage » Appearance.
- Locate the SiteFarm One (default theme) and click on its Settings link.
- Click on the Color Styles horizontal tab, located under Default Options.
- To enable the navy blue ribbon, click the checkbox for:
☐ Use the Primary color for Header Bar
Checking this box remove default rainbow image from the Header Bar image and instead use the primary color for the theme.
- Scroll down and click Save configuration to finish.
- It may be necessary to clear your site's cache for the new ribbon to show up.