Site Factory allows members to create back-ups of sites within the groups folders to which they've been given access. The reasons for doing so include using the site for sub-theming in a local development environment or, in extreme cases, taking a copy for troubleshooting purposes to ensure no loss of data.
Create a back-up
- Log into Acquia Site Factory.
- Navigate to the site card you want to back-up. Click on the downward arrow next to its Log in button to access the sub-menu.
- Click Back up site button
- In the Create site backup page, select the components you want to back up.
- Click Back up.
- After your backup finishes, you will receive an email letting you know the backup is now available on the Site Backups page. Backups can take several minutes to complete for small websites, but larger websites can take much longer to complete. Be sure to check your spam/junk folder if you don't see it in your inbox.
- Click on Sites from the main menu across the top of the screen to return to the main dashboard.
- Looking at your list of Sites on the left pane of the screen, scroll down until you see a button labeled All my site backups and click it.
The backups are created with the site name, plus a timestamp from when the backup was created. To sort the table by name or by date click the column heading you want to sort by. To restore a backup, identify the desired backup and in the Actions column, click Restore in the backup’s row.
Downloading backup files
If you want to download a website backup file to your local computer, on the Site Backups page find the backup you want to download, and then click its Download link.