What is this?
This is a module integration with third-party service, Google, utilizing their custom search appliance. It brings you the following benefits:
- The power of Google's vast results and SEO evaluation inside your site
- Custom configuration through Google's GCS interface
- Single or multiple domain search results across large organizations
- Built-in styling to blend the search results with SiteFarm's default theme
Implementing Google Custom Search on your site
- If you are a Site Builder, you can go to Manage » Extend and search for the "SiteFarm Google Custom Search' option in the list, check its box, and scroll to the bottom to click Install.
- If you are a Site Manager, use our Service Request Form to have the SiteFarm team install the module for you.
Creating your Google Custom Search Account and adding the ID to your SiteFarm site
- Go to https://cse.google.com and create your account.
- Add your domain URLs to the list and then click the Create button.
- On the Custom Search home page, click the search engine you want.
- On the Basics tab, in the Details section, click Search engine ID. You can use the "Copy to clipboard" option to make it easier.
- Return to your SiteFarm site and navigate to Manage » Configuration » SiteFarm section » Google Custom Search Settings (or directly to /admin/config/sitefarm/gcs).
- Paste in your Search engine ID.
- Click Save configuration to finish.
Configure your search results to use the SiteFarm theming
- On the Custom Search home page, click the search engine you want to style.
- From the menu on the left side, click on Look and Feel.
- Click on Full width from the main page options.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save to finish.
- The settings will be applied to your site immediately.