You're ready to join SiteFarm, but you're not entirely sure what this means to you and your organization. How does this even work? What follows is a very general overview.
Step 1: Learn about the SiteFarm service
- Start off by reading our Join the service and Introduction pages, and get familiar with what we offer.
Step 2: Let us know you're interested
- Complete a New Site Request Form to provide us with the particulars.
Step 3: Site provisioning
- Based on the information provided in your request, we'll either contact you for clarification, or proceed directly to creating your site instance.
- Once created, you'll receive a form message back from the SiteFarm team confirming your site creation and providing you with your URL.
Step 4: Build your site
- As a Site Manager, you'll have the ability to create accounts for your colleagues so they, too, can begin working in the site.
- While adding your content to your site, you'll have the following resources available to help you when you get stuck:
Step 5: Prepare to take your site live on the web
- If you don't already have one, please obtain a domain name URL from the campus host clerk (email@example.com).
- Once you have your URL, please review the instructions for publishing your site live to the web.
Step 6: Transition into maintenance mode
- From the moment your site goes live, your departmental website is now in maintenance mode and can be updated as frequently as you deem necessary.
- Support is free and ongoing--just revisit Step 4 for your resources.