The Focal link allows you to create a block containing an arbitrary link with a thumbnail icon.
To create a Focal link
- From the admin panel, click on Structure.
- On the Structure page, click on Block layout.
- On the Block layout page, click on the Custom block library tab located close to the top of the page.
- Click on the +Add custom block button.
- From the list of available blocks, click on Focal link.
- Configure the available options (outlined below).
- Click Save to finish.
Configure your Focal link
Available options include:
- Block description - (required) - A brief description of your block
- Title - (required)
- Link - (required) - Start type the title of a piece of content in your site to select it. You can also enter an internal path such as /node/6 or an external URL starting with http:// (http://ucdavis.edu, for example). If you want to link to the home page, enter <front>.
- Use Default Icons - (optional) - Choose whether to select one of the default icons provided by SiteFarm or to upload your own.
- Icon - (optional provided the Use Default Icons box is checked) - Choose the icon which should be associated with this link. The list includes:
- Hard Hat
- Fork & Knife
- Organizational Chart
- Paper Scroll
- Direction Arrows
- Revision information - (recommended) - any time you make an update to this block it's recommended that you include a brief description of the change. The Revision option represents your way of rolling back the content to an earlier save point.
When the block configurations are complete, move on to reviewing your block's visibility.