To assist users in providing more appropriate academic-style footnotes and citations, our WYSIWYG icon offerings have been expanded to include a footnote icon:
How to insert a footnote
- Type in your content. Example:
A variety of research suggests that developing basic literacy skills in early childhood can contribute to greater success in acquiring strong comprehension skills later in school. A variety of research-based articles and ideas for developing early learning skills can be found at www.readingrockets.org.1
- At the end of the sentence to be noted or cited, click on the footnote icon .
- A dialogue box will appear and allow you to enter your footnote text and a number. If the number field is left blank, the system will automatically iterate the number for you starting from '1'.
- Click OK to continue.
- On your page, while in Edit mode, your footnote indicator will appear as "fn" inside of square brackets as a blue, clickable link. This is the expected behavior. The actual clickable link with the appropriate number or text will appear as designed in the default View mode.
- When ready, click Save to finish.
- Your footnotes will appear at the bottom of the Main Page Content block beneath a horizontal rule.
- 1This is the example footnote