Add a link to an image
- Insert an image into the WYSIWYG body area of a page or block.
- Click on the image or the crosshair icon on its upper left corner; the bounding box will change from yellow to blue. This has put the image in a focused state which allows the link assignment.
- Click on the Link icon and input the internal or external URL for the link's destination.
- Click the Add link window's Save button.
- Once you have completed any other work on your page, scroll to the bottom and click the Save button to finish.
Accessibility and Usability Note
In a rare reversal, a person using a screen-reading device for accessibility purposes will likely know before a sighted person that the image has a link. An image with a link, by itself, isn't obvious, so we strongly recommend adding context and instructions either with instructions or some kind of indicator in the image's caption to help visitors realize a link exists.
Demo - Image
Visit Trips-to-Discover's article on "20+ Awe-inspiring Lighthouses" from around the world.
This image now has a link surrounding it.