To help you develop and maintain your production websites, you can create site collections, which bundle and organize related websites. If you haven't already, please read Understanding Site Collections to start.
Create a new site collection
- Log into Acquia Cloud Site Factory's dashboard using the account information provided to you once you've received confirmation from the SiteFarm team it has been created.
- You can create site collections only inside of site groups, so from your login dashboard, look at the links across the top and click on Sites.
- From the All My Sites page, look along the list on the left side of the screen and locate your group. Click on the group to enter it.
- Look for the Create a new site button located in the upper right corner of the screen. Click the arrow to the right of Create a new site to open its menu.
- Click New site collection.
- In the Site collection name field, enter a descriptive name for the site collection to display in the dashboard. Example: SiteFarm Collection. In the Internal URL field, enter the Acquia Cloud Site Factory site collection name to use with its URL (Example: sitefarmprod). The Acquia Cloud Site Factory base URL is added to this name.
- Click Continue.
- In the Site name field, enter the site name for one of your already existing Site Factory websites. Acquia Cloud Site Factory displays websites that match your entry as you type. As you add websites to the site collection, the page displays additional site name fields to allow you to add multiple websites.
- If you want to add additional websites to the site collection as secondary websites, enter them in the additional site name fields.
- Click Finish.
- Please note: if the site you're using to form your Site Collection is already live, you can proceed with this process and your site will not experience any outage; however, you MUST contact the campus host clerk and request an updated CNAME assignment of your domain to the Site Collection's internal URL you created above.